Monday, June 16, 2008

I Love All Kinds of Cake


Dear Readers,

I hope this finds you well. You’re probably wondering why you have the pleasure of reading so many entries in such a short span of days. Well it’s because I am on a plane from Missoula to Pittsburgh, my ipod is dead and I don’t feel like reading my book. Hence, plenty of time for writing and filling your minds with the useless ramblings of my mind.

Sometimes I have so many things going on in my head that it’s hard to keep track of them. Which is a good thing that I shouldn’t complain about because I’d rather have a lot going on up there than nothing at all. I always have these “brilliant” topics I want to write about and I’ll think of them intermittently throughout the day, but by the time I get around to writing, they have totally vanished from my mind. Which shouldn’t be that much of a surprise, considering that sometimes I forget where I park my car.

Anyway, believe it or not I have something to write about, although the previous two paragraphs may lead you to think that I don’t.

I was dropping Maitland off the other day to get fish-sat while I am out of town this week and was talking with my cousin-friend for a few minutes. Of course, the topic of boys/men came up. It always does (although I did not bring it up...this time.) Anyway, I was advised that while I shouldn’t be “less picky” I should consider being more accepting of boys/men. I didn’t know quite what to think about that. I wouldn’t say I’m “picky”, just merely “selective” in my choice of male companions. During our conversation, she also pointed out that I get annoyed with boys/men. I had to hand it to her there—she caught me like a fat kid with his fingers in the frosting of a chocolate cake. Now, I’ve always been an equal opportunity employer when it comes to members of the opposite sex (although theoretically I prefer the ones that are nice, funny, smart, enjoy dancing and are not-slutty, though this theory has been called in to question a time or two. Or seven.) but I do have a tendency to get bothered by some of the things they do (just mainly when they are mean or stupid.) I’m not sure if this is because I am more “selective” than the average female of it’s a defense mechanism to keep them from getting too close. It may be a combination of the two.

And while I don’t think my “selective” tendencies will go away soon, it did give me food for thought. What kind of thoughts, I don’t know yet. It made new a few more minutes.

Until then, bon appetite!

No comments: