Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Get Out of My Dreams...


...and into my car. No seriously, get into my car. Fine, I guess you can't. Probably because you're not here. You're off doing your job somewhere. But I do have a sneaky suspicion that if you were here you would indeed get into my car. And I would happily welcome it.

Probably because I keep thinking about you. Sad I know, but I have a hard time pushing you completely out of my mind. You see, when it comes down to it, I don't want to push you all the way out. I want part of you to stay. Mainly the part of you that makes me laugh. And the part of you that danced with me for hours. And your sparkling blue eyes—they can stay too. I really liked those. And while we're at it, let's keep the sweet part of you too. The part that walks me to my car, likes chick flicks and makes me feel beautiful.

So until we meet again, I think I'll just keep those parts of you right here with me where they are perfect and safe. But rest assured that when I do see you, I will indeed make you get into my car.

1 comment:

Atkins Family said...

This isn't about the homeless bum is it?! I hope things haven't advanced further than sharing a table! I can't wait to see you! Are we still on?!