Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Work It Girl

So I was talking to one of my girlfriends about "Working It." Here's the condensed version: She likes a boy and is most likely going to see him this evening, not in a date-type situation but in a wine club group setting-type situation. So I, being the boy crazy girl that I am, told her to make sure that she "works it". Because she usually doesn't. Instead she runs away or gets too embarrassed and leaves the situation altogether. So, at her request (although I don't know how serious she was) she asked for some tips. Now, I'm a little bit of a flirt and from time to time (okay fine, a lot lately) I've really dedicated some time to the art of working it. And being the dear friend that I am, I sent her the following tips...

Tips from Tia
1. Smile.
2. Use eye contact.
3. If you do have eye contact, hold it for a couple of seconds. But not too long. Too long is just creepy. (It’s okay to look away and then look back again and smile.)
4. Act like you care what he is saying (even if all you are really doing is watching his lips move while he talks and thinking, "Dang, I want to kiss those.")
5. Casually touch his shoulder or arm when you’re telling a story or when he is telling you something.
6. Talk to him, but also act a little disinterested. Meaning work the room! Talk with him for a few minutes and then go on your merry way and talk with other people (all while being your charming self). Then work your way back over to him a little bit later.
7. Be a social butterfly.
8. Don’t be afraid to walk up to him and say hello. Just walk up and smile and say “Hi.”
9. Talk with his friends and include them in the conversation.
10. Give him the chance to make a move.

Feel free to use the above tips on the object of your affection. Best wishes and may you all work it successfully.

xoxo

ps-Be sure to keep reading the blog for tips on how to jack up relationships. I would wager to say I'm pretty skilled in that as well.

4 comments:

Panda said...

i'm sorry, but guys don't stand a chance when my cousin is on the prowl...work it girl! "tips on how to jack up relationships.." ha! you're so funny! :-)

Carol said...

Thanks for the good "working it" tips Tia. I'm definately gonna use them the next time I'm on the prowl for a man. Oh wait. . . too late . . . I've already got one. Darn!

C & P said...

it is the inbetween that you aren't as good at...but the enterance and the exit no one does it with more flair.

tialovesmontana said...

Thanks sister! I think. :)