Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oh Please

So I was thinking about something the other day. It’s the phrase "I’m over it.” Well you want to know what I think when I hear someone say that? I think, “Oh please sister, you’re not over it.” And you know what else, you’re not fooling anybody. No one believes you’re over it. In reality if you were over it, you wouldn’t have to say you were over it.

I think this is almost a code among people. Especially female people. And even more specifically, female people who are friends. It’s our way of telling you, our besties, that we are indeed not over it. Because really, if we were over it, you would know because we wouldn’t talk about it. By using the previously mentioned phrase, what we’re really doing is sending out a code red warning notification alert letting you know that we are indeed not over it. The subliminal message is this: I’m obviously not over it! How in the world can you even expect me to be over it?!

To which I also say, "Easy, I don't want to fight you."

Because it's okay. Sometimes I think we never truly get over it. Whatever it may be, I think that a small part of it becomes a small part of us. And you know what, that’s okay too. Because if we didn’t have little pieces of it making up our life, we wouldn’t be who we are today.

So you know what I say? Just stay under it.

No comments: