Thursday, September 6, 2007

Creepers

*Tia’s Note: For the sake of educational and informative purposes, there are many levels of creepers. The sexual predator, long-haired, barefoot walking, stare-at-you-type are ones you definitely DO want to avoid. A complete synopsis of various creeper levels will be provided in a future entry.

So lately I’ve been thinking about something, or more specifically, a group of people: creepers.

“Creepers,” you may say. “Oh silly, I wouldn’t even know a creeper if one looked me in the face.” Well friend, truth be told, you know a creeper.

The way I see it is this. If you have a My Space account, a Facebook account, or even a blog (that’s right-go ahead and creep on me, I don’t mind), you are opening yourself up to creepers. And although the whole premise of these “networking groups” (AKA “creepers paradise”) is to keep in touch with our friends and the people we love, the usage of these types of devises opens us up to creepers.

I for one don’t think that you can be bothered by the fact that people visit your profile to check in with you (as long as they are not creepishly stalking you-yikes.) You know the gist of it…what you’ve been up to, the new photos you’ve posted, your relationship status and on and on. It’s a way of sharing your life with others and the spirit behind it is good. Heck, I love keeping in touch with people and seeing their accomplishments and adventures via photos. But you should all remember that by having one of these accounts, you’re asking for it. (And don’t play coy with me-you know what it is.)

But do you really want to know what it all comes down to? People want to be creeped on – not in a sexual predator gross weird sort of way of course, but in a friendly way. As human beings we have an infinite need to be connected to others.

And interestingly enough, for some it’s creating a My Space account, using Facebook or even blogging. In reality, when used in an appropriate creepy manner, these are things that allow us to stay in touch with those we care about. And really, let’s face it, everybody’s got a little bit of a creeper in them.

2 comments:

Panda said...

I think I've got a little creep in me....does checking your blog like 20 times a day qualify? :-)

tialovesmontana said...

Yes it does qualify. And I like it!