Friday, February 13, 2009

Give It Up for the "L" Word


Valentine's Day is tomorrow. Be prepared for the flurry of hearts, candy, flowers, kisses, and blah blah blah blah. Just kidding. I know you may not guess it, but I love Valentine's Day. Even when I don't have a special sugar to spend it with (which I usually don't), I still love the idea behind it all, because it's all about the love.

A couple of random thoughts on this Valentine's Eve...

I was on people.com this morning and there was an "article" about Carrie Underwood saying she's "Anti-Valentine's Day" because she wants a man who will love her "365 days of the year, not just one." I have one thing to say to that: Duh, girl.

Last night, we watched
"Vicky, Christina, Barcelona" and there was a part in the movie where the smoldering Javier tells Vicky about his father's poetry. His father writes beautiful Spanish poems but refuses to publish them as a way to punish the world for not knowing (or not choosing) to love. All I can think is shame on us.

When it comes to love, our hearts and feelings are going to get beat up once in a while. But I have come to learn, through much trial and error, it's okay. My hearts going to be fine. And no matter what, it's going to keep loving. Because that is what it's all about.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and make a card for my sugar. (Yep, you read that right!)

Happy Day. Love. Always.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am anti-Valentine's Day. Not for the normal reasons: being single (I am married), wanting a guy to love me all year, not just one day (he does), the commercialization of it (though it is annoying), etc.

I am anti-Valentine's Day because it seems the vast majority of people don't even know why we have this holiday.

Unknown said...

Oooh! Was that movie worth seeing? I saw that Penelope Cruz won an Oscar for it this pas weekend. Let us know! xoxo

tialovesmontana said...

I thought it was good!

Linford Family said...

Hey Tia! Ya, the school is in Bloomington. So Patty loved it huh? It looks like a good place. What have you been up to lately? Sorry we missed your show! How did it go?

Courtney said...

wowzer, Tia.....your music is amazing, as are you my beautiful cousin. I prefer your acoustic version, your voice is the most beautiful part of the song. I hope your show goes well, I got to see your mommy on V-day giving some love to my little girlies, she's too cute. Hope all is well!