Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Seriously?


So there's something I need to get off my chest. It's about a boy and relationships (please, keep the shock to yourselves.) It's something I've been thinking about for a while, but that has recently been brought to my attention in full force.

Have you noticed how many people are "scared" of having a relationship or getting hurt? Well I have. And it's a lot.

And it seems to me that people are usually scared of something new because of an experience they have had in the past where they have been hurt, burned or had their heart stomped on. To which I say fair enough. However, I don't think it's fair to "punish" other people because you've been hurt in the past. (Now I'll switch to first person because let's face it—obviously this is something happening in my life right now and we might as well admit it than pretend like I'm talking about someone else.) First of all, I'm not the one who hurt you, so how about if you quit taking someone else's actions on me? I had nothing to do with it. Trust me, I know how if feels to have your heart hurt by someone (I've got a few battle scars.) But I'm not willing to let myself miss out on you and something that could be really great because I'm afraid to get hurt again. You think about that.

No comments: